Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bad Ideas

I need to make a list of all the things I shouldn't do.
More precisely I need to make a list of the things I shouldn't do again.

It's amazing how strong we think we are. How logical, how mature. And then at the first temptation we cave in to our inner instincts and usually end up hurt. Again. I wonder how many times it will take before I realize that some things are just bad for me. I guess deep inside I'm just hoping for that one time when things will be different and reality wont justify my darker thoughts. After all the main principle is quite simple. Past is past. The word itself tells you all you need to know. It will always be there but its meant to be left behind. It's importance is only the one we attach to it, but in all seriousness, how could you possibly ignore it? How can you pretend it doesn't tell you more about the people you know now but you didn't use to know before? How can you detach yourself and accept reality as something uncorrelated to the it?
I wish I could do that, things would be so much easier. And mind you, that comes from a person that tries to just live and do the minimum amount of thinking. I just happen to find it extremely difficult to remain unaffected or even process things with reason. I'm tempted to say that's what happens when you're emotionally involved with people.

In any case i don't know how to fix this. Hopefully smiling will scare the ghosts away.

No comments:

Post a Comment