Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is it worth even trying?

Assumptions:

We're on this stupid planet not because we chose to but because shit happens.
We're not alone on this planet and that was not by choice either.
We end up interacting with people, sometimes by choice sometimes by fate, sometimes cause there's nothing good on TV and wth it can't be that bad (*evil laugh*)
At the end of the day we're responsible for making something or nothing out of this time spend consciously on this planet.

Our life is in our hands. As in: my life is in my hands and your life is in your hands. There's no magic here. No mix-up. No sharing. If I choose to make myself happy by making you happy that's my choice, my privilege and my responsibility. But if I decide to do so, I might just as well verify that what ever the hell I'm doing does make you happy after all. Maybe you don't even want to be happy with me and you're perfectly content with the little shithole I believe you put yourself into. Is it my problem? No. Should I come to the rescue? No. Why? Cause it's your freaking life and you can do whatever you want with it. I can't fix it unless I'm fixing it the way you want me to. Is that too hard a concept to grasp?

I don't wanna play God. I don't want to be treated like one. I wanna have my peace of mind knowing that my life is how I want it to be and it's safe from people who want to fix it. Thank you very much but no thanx. I'm a big girl and I know what I want out of it. And I know better than you. and you. and you. And yes, even you mom. Cause I am the one going to bed with me every night, and I'm the only one that knows if I fall asleep with a smile on my face or not. And I do. And that's cause I've been trying to get my life to a place where everything around me fills me up with joy and satisfaction. Mind you, that is *my* life. Not yours. Not his. Not hers. Definitely not ours.

I stay out of peoples lives when they want me to.
I stay out of peoples lives when I want to.
I stay out of peoples lives when there is no good in me being part of them.
And I expect people to stay out of my life when they have nothing to do with it.
My life. My rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment